It may be cold and dreary outside but that doesn’t mean that your nature unit studies have to wait for Spring! There are some beautiful learning opportunities to be gleaned from these winter unit studies!
1. This winter nature unit study  covers a little bit of everything, from wildlife to plant life, and suggests books, crafts, and documentaries to enrich your learning!
2. For the animal lovers in your house, this Arctic animal unit study for kids  is a fantastic option! Learn about all kinds of different cold-climate animals, and all the inventive ways they brave their harsh environment.
3. Follow your arctic animal study with this hibernation unit study , deep-diving into why some animals hibernate and exploring the ones that do!
4. Here’s one all about snowflakes , where they come from, how they’re formed, why each is different. Included are book and craft ideas, fun for elementary ages.
5. This study on the Arctic and the Inuit  is a beautiful exploration of Arctic wildlife, Inuit history and culture, and is great for upper elementary ages or middle schoolers!
Looking for more great unit studies? Check out the full unit study library at How To Homeschool For Free  for more great ideas.
***Make sure to join our How to Homeschool for Free Facebook Support Group  for daily encouragement in your homeschooling journey!***